Sunday, February 26, 2006

Team Business

I know that we've only just finished, and that we still have posts to come in about our projects but I'd like to put a few things out there for team members to think about.
  1. I want to say how great it was, in my opinion at least, to have been part of a small and closely connected team like ours. I know that some of you in "Deseret" get to meet in person to knit, but this was a little like having some of you out here with me. Thanks for the fun and companionship, for me, that was the best thing to come out the Knitting Olympics. I think everybody should be proud of their accomplishments and that we will soon have enough blocks to donate a "Team Deseret" afghan to a great cause like Warm Up America.
  2. Speaking of that, I'd like to remind whoever will collect them to let us know where we should send the blocks. I bet it would make a great party to get toegether and assemble them. Very "sewing bee," I'm jealous.
  3. Finally, I'm not sure how others feel in the team, but I would hate for this to be the end of the online LDS knitting presence. I'd like to put it out there that I hope we will continue in this or some other incarnation for fellowship and building of the community. I'd like to encourage everyone to think of ways to facilitate this, if any of you think as I do that we should continue.
Once again, congratulations to everyone who participated whether you finished your projects or not, and best wishes from Manhattan.

4 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

Is this restricted to LDS knitting?

9:35 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

p.s., I didn't mean that to sound confrontational--just wondering if others might be able to join too.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I would love to keep our little group together (and growing!) somehow. Any ideas?

8:42 PM  
Blogger Geo said...

Bev:
1. I agree!
2. I'll email folks with an address or two.
3. I agree and have been thinking about this for several days myself. I certainly plan to continue this. Let's keep talking.

Becca: No, it was never restricted. The invitation was to LDS and friends, and from the get-go we've had a mix of both. She Who Wins Blue Ribbons In County Fairs is kind enough to put up with her crazy Mormon friends here in Happy Valley, and to grace us with her beautiful presence and good-natured support. I hope whatever we do with this group will always feel open for LDS and friends.

(And you didn't sound confrontational to me.)

Amy: Me too and yeah. We'll talk. Put on your thinking cap too.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home