Friday, February 24, 2006

Wheeee! Casted off this morning



Wheeee! I'm done. It was quite a performance last night. Those last few rows of Kiri are so long! I knit madly on the edging as I watched the Ladies Figure Skating. I correctly predicted the silver medal, only the gold and bronze medalists did the flip flop on me. But Shizuka Arikawa of Japan skated beautifully--a truly olympic performance. Just like my shawl, huh? I finished knitting the last row last night, but opted to cast off this morning so it would be nice and even. I'll post another picture once I've finished blocking. I admit I am very pleased with myself over this one :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Geo said...

It is beeyooteefull! That border looks wonderful--good choice! Now we need to see it modelled. I mean, after you get your hair washed and such. ; )

CONGRATULATIONS! That was a real labor of love and determination and spunk.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

I think you got the Kiri confused with my Snowdrop, Geo! I'm still stinky and knitting. But, I thought I'd drop by to congratulate Beadntat for a job well done! A true Olympic feat!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Geo said...

Oh, how dumb, I DID confuse the two redsters. I may not be making a gorgeous shawl, but that hasn't prevented me from getting bleary-eyed herein the homestretch! Well, sorry for the temporary mixup, but I STILL stand by everything I said in my first comment, except for the wash your hair part . . . bBut then again, I don't know the state of hair disrepair on your head, Kristina . . . in your marvellous hustle toward the finish line, have you neglected yourself a little too? : )

It's really too bad we can't get a photo of the two Team Deseret babes in their red shawls, modelling their olympic handiwork together.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the lovely shawl. You did a fine job and it looks elegant.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home