Saturday, February 11, 2006

Lagging Behind in the Qualifying Heats


Well, I have (finally!) finished charity block #1. I'd better start knitting faster if I expect to meet my goal of 12. I, too, am feeling that I may have bitten off slightly more than I can chew here (sometimes I forget that I have a life other than knitting to deal with). But I will take inspiration from the many Olympic heroes who didn't give up and came back to win it in the end! :)

I hope you all enjoy my ridiculously close up picture there. We just got a digital camera and I'm infatuated with the macro function. And, oddly enough, the block actually looks a lot better this close.

2 Comments:

Blogger Geo said...

Amy: If it looks good in macro (and it does), it'll look good in an afghan.

Digital cameras are a close second to kntting needles on my personal list of Tools That Bring Us Joy.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Geo said...

Heidi, Heidi, Heidi! Alright, you're here and you're in! You belong with us, babe. No, change that--you belong TO us! I'll go set you up right away, links and all. I can't wait to see Frosted Cupcake and get caught up with you.

A bit of history for all of you: Heidi was the original knit night mama here in the heart of our lovely Deseret, back in the S&B days. She ditched us for Vermont, but that's understandable.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home