Saturday, February 11, 2006

Gimpy olympian

Would you believe that a day before the opening ceremonies I took a hard fall on some canyon ice and injured one of my knitting halves? Yup, it's true. I was doing my first day of my Idita Walk with my dog and a few seconds after taking him off his leash so he wouldn't keep dragging me no-traction-and-screaming down Rock Canyon's wintry path, I wiped out and how, coming down with a great force squarely on my left wrist and wrenched my arm and shoulder and neck too. Thought maybe I'd done some real damage for a while, but no, it appears that I am only going to be very stiff and sore for a bit. The first thing to cross my mind after "OWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!" was "Oh no! How am I going to knit in the olympics?!" I did start a charity block last night, but didn't get through. I'm off to a slow start, but luckily I'm only racing against myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home