Saturday, February 04, 2006

Latecomers with logos

It's less than a week till the Knitting Olympics get underway, so it's time to join the fray, so to speak, and get teamed up. I was about to pledge my allegiance to the USA team, but at the last moment I realized I was in a great position to start my own team: Team Deseret! I have team qualifications to post, information about medals, even an anthem . . . this is going to be much fun. For the moment, I only have time post the preliminary logos. If you already know you're interested in finding out more about this team, please drop me an email, and when I'm done helping my granny celebrate birthday #88 today, I'll get back to you! In the meantime, please check out founder Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's website to acquaint yourself with the general rules of the Knitting Olympics. Then please come back if believe you have what it takes to knit for Team Deseret! You have my promise: Guidelines will be posted next.

This was my first bit of playing around with a banner for this team. As you can see, it isn't quite finished. Maybe I'll get back to this once all the groundwork is laid.


Here are the official banners so far:


I don't yet have code for them to make them live links for your pages, but I'll get to that.

What "peculiar" thing will you knit in the Knitting Olympics?

2 Comments:

Blogger Carina said...

This sounds like so much fun. I am going to miss the opening ceremonies, however. I hope it will be OK to cast on after the opening ceremony because I'll be watching Arrested Development instead.

Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to knit...let the training begin.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Geo said...

Honesty points for Carina! I give her a 10.

BEFORE would be cheating, but casting on AFTER the opening ceremonies is a-okay.

Yay! Now there are four of us: two knitters, one supporter, and one "Official Chiropractor of the Deseret Olympic Knitting Team! Go, Zion!

Take a banner, any banner--I've given up trying to link them to this page.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home