Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Elusive Snowdrop

Hi all! I'm Christy from Lincoln, NE. I just wanted to get a post in about what I'm doing for the Knitting Olympics. I've decided to do The Snowdrop Shawl (you can find the pattern on the Yarn Harlot's website for free). Now that I've started I realize that I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I should do about 17 snowdrops a day so I have time to do the border and block it before the closing ceremonies. I'm just finishing up number 9 and it's almost the end of day 2! This can't be good. I can forsee a lot of sleepless nights over the next couple of weeks. I don't have a picture of my progress yet. But, here is the yarn I'm using. It is a lovely red laceweight alpaca.

3 Comments:

Blogger knittinbrit_in_wi said...

Christy - I'm sure you're do great. I love the Snowdrop Shawl and the yarn color is beautiful. I, too, have been busy when not knitting, with calculating how much knitting I need to complete each day. To be honest, I've been debating whether to take my sleep medicine tonight or not. Fortunately, HunkyHubbie and 4 kiddliewinks are being very supportive of my need to sit and knit today. Although, I didn't get as much knitting time as hoped today.

Hey, everybody else. Please post and keep us motivated with your progress. I've gotten another 4+ inches after the ribbing completed so far. Will post extra pics later.

Hang in there Christy - we're rooting for you.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Geo said...

Gosh, just look at the skeins sitting there, so innocently, so longingly . . . 'We want to be snowdrops! Please, make our dream come true!" Good luck, Christy, helping this gorgeous red alpaca fill the measure of its creation, while not killing yourself in the process! Your cheerleaders will be out here, urging you on to the victory!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Geo said...

Kim, et al: Remember, we don't want any caasualties on this team. Zombies? Okay, maybe for the sake of a few sleepless nights, but please no lasting injuries, ladies. We want to have everybody around when it's awards time!

Good job on more acreage, Kim.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home