Monday, February 20, 2006

The Frosted Cupcake is Done!



The Frosted Cupcake is done! It turned out lovely, after having its crocheted trim ripped out and redone, but that was par for the course, given that I crochet backwards. Oh, well. The Russian judge in the rocking chair (my husband, not an actual Russian) scored me high on artistic merit and tried to appropriate the hat for himself. The French judge (my roomate, not an actual Frenchman) scored me ambivelantly on technical merit given the trim re-do. Overall, I felt the scores were appropriate, and the owner picked up his creation over the weekend. He loves it. It was an audience favorite. I even gave him special tips on blocking and re-shaping. I'm sure he and the hat are involved in a rigorous training regimen as we speak!

4 Comments:

Blogger beadntat said...

Cute, very cute! Daring, but not baring, and much better looking than a bunch of those Ice Dancing costumes I saw last night. Give 'em a six! Oh, yeah, they don't score 'em that way anymore, LOL Great job!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Geo said...

Ooo, I want it too! Maybe if I take up smaowboarding . . . ? It's a beauty, Heidi. LOVE the color combo!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Geo said...

Well, there's my best typo in a long time. "Smaowboarding" sounds exactly like what I would wind up doing out there on the slopes. The truth hurts!

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Bev said...

Great job Heidi and congrats on finishing your project!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home